Angela R. Vicari has considerable experience in product liability and mass tort defense and complex litigation. Her work and growing presence in the industry has been widely recognized.
In her product liability and mass tort practice, Ms. Vicari has defended product manufacturers in lawsuits in state and federal courts, including the coordination of the nationwide defense and multidistrict litigation proceedings of hundreds of cases involving medical devices, pharmaceutical products and consumer products, among others.
In her commercial litigation practice, Ms. Vicari has represented global financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies and hedge funds in disputes in state and federal court, as well as in adversary proceedings in the bankruptcy courts. Her experience is varied and has included breach of contract, fraud and securities matters.
- Low-cost Indian airline in an arbitration in the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Sandoz Inc. in an action brought by venture capitalists alleging securities and common law causes of action.
- Australian court-appointed liquidators of Octaviar Administration Pty Limited in an action before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York against Drawbridge Special Opportunities Fund, Fortress Investment Group, and certain of their affiliates. The action sought damages of approximately $350 million and involved various claims under New York law and Australian law.
- Major financial institution in lawsuits seeking recovery for breaches of interest rate swap agreements.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2004
- BA, Politics and History, New York University, 2001, magna cum laude
- New York
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Member, City Bar Association E-Discovery Task Force
- Chair, Young Lawyers Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York (2011-2014)
- Intern, Women's Sports Foundation
- Member, NYU Athletics Hall of Fame Committee