Helen Minsker provides counsel to clients on a broad range of issues arising under trademark and unfair competition laws, as well as copyright law. Her experience includes counseling, prosecution and registration of applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office and the US Copyright Office, internet, licensing, enforcement, oppositions and cancellations, and litigation.
Ms. Minsker previously served as an adjunct professor of law at Georgetown University, where she co-authored and taught a course on intellectual property pretrial litigation skills. She also is a frequent lecturer in continuing legal education programs, and is a former Contributing Editor/Trademarks for the Federal Circuit Bar Journal and a former Editorial Board member of The Trademark Reporter (publication of INTA).
"World's Leading Trademark Professionals" (2012–2020)
"Top 250 Women in IP" (2013-2020)
- JD, The George Washington University Law School
- AB, Vassar College
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Member, INTA (Board of Directors, 2006-2009)
- Member, AIPLA (Former Treasurer, Board of Directors)
- Past Chair, Bar Association of DC's Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Section