Arnold & Porter's highly ranked Patent Office practice is praised by clients for our work that ranges from worldwide coordination of patent prosecution to hard-fought disputes within a patent office. Our practice encompasses strategic counseling, diligence, prosecution and opinions. We also are lead counsel on multiple patent office disputes, including interferences, inter partes reviews, oppositions, reexaminations, and CBMs.
Our Patent Office practice includes recognized leaders in the field and skilled junior members with extensive technical and prosecution experience. Our work includes:
- prosecuting and overseeing extensive portfolios for Fortune 500 companies such as Pfizer and Bayer;
- arguing multiple ex parte appeal matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office;
- arguing in multiple European Oppositions Proceedings;
- developing patent portfolios for small public and private companies such as Bruin Biometrics, Hemanext, and Finch Therapeutics; and
- serving as lead counsel on Patent Office disputes for companies such as AstraZeneca, Boston Scientific, GE, Honeywell, and Samsung.
Our patent practitioners have deep technical experience in:
- Agricultural and food sciences
- Clean technologies
- Computer hardware and software
- Consumer products
- Internet technology
- Materials science
- Medical equipment