Anand Agneshwar co-chairs the firm's Product Liability Litigation practice group. Mr. Agneshwar represents pharmaceutical and consumer product companies as national, strategic, trial, and appellate counsel in product liability litigation and related litigation. His experience includes nearly a dozen bench and jury trials, numerous Daubert and Daubert-style hearings, and hundreds of significant arguments in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country. He also counsels clients on litigation risks, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory issues, and the litigation and compliance impact of potential legislation. Mr. Agneshwar writes frequently on product liability and FDA issues. He also maintains an active pro bono practice focusing on protecting civil liberties.
Mr. Agneshwar graduated from New York University School of Law, magna cum laude, in 1992, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif, Developments Editor of the NYU Law Review, and published a note entitled "Rediscovering God In The Constitution." Following law school, he clerked for the late Honorable Harold A. Ackerman, US District Judge for the District of New Jersey, and Morton I. Greenberg, US Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi, as lead national counsel, in Plavix litigation and other prescription drug litigations.
- Sanofi, as lead national counsel, in Thalidomide litigation.
- Hologic, as national counsel, in product liability litigation.
- Wyeth, as counsel, in diet drug litigation since 1997.
- Lead counsel in numerous First Amendment cases involving, among other issues, public school censorship of student-initiated religious speech and retaliation, and arrest of a student for protesting full-body scanners at airport.
- Prominent legal philosophers John Rawls, Ronald Dworkin, Thomas Nagel, Bernard Williams, and Robert Nozick in amicus brief on end-of-life care issues in Supreme Court.
"Life Sciences Star" – Non-IP Litigation (2016)
National Star – Product Liability (2017)
Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices (2014-2017)
Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Toxic Tort (2014-2017)
Healthcare: Life Sciences (2017)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1992, magna cum laude
- BA, University of Rochester, 1987
- New York
- US District Court, District of New Jersey, The Honorable Harold A. Ackerman
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, The Honorable Morton I. Greenberg