Matthew Bemis is an attorney in the firm’s commercial litigation group and represents clients spanning a number of industries, including clients in the financial services, consumer products, and pharmaceutical spaces. In addition, Matthew assists clients with various strategic initiatives. Matthew also maintains an active pro bono practice at the firm.
Matthew received his J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law, where he served as Lead Articles Editor for the Syracuse Law Review and as a clinical student in Syracuse University’s Elder and Health Law Clinic. Additionally, Matthew externed at the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division in Washington, D.C.
Prior to law school, Matthew attended Providence College and graduated with his B.S. in Finance.
- Major insurer in multiple significant directors-and-officers insurance coverage matters arising from large transactions.
- Major insurer in insurance coverage matters involving the insurability of consumer protection claims brought against the insured.
- Consumer products company in arbitration and related litigation against multiple state governments.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 2020, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.S., Finance, Providence College, 2013, cum laude
- New York
Government & Military Service
- Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Office of the Assistant Attorney General