Laura Beuls advises clients on all aspects of European competition law, with specific experience in multijurisdictional merger control filings and behavioral cases. Her experience covers several industry sectors including technology, entertainment, and e-commerce.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter in 2021, Ms. Beuls worked at a leading US law firm in Brussels. She also worked as a trainee at the Directorate General for Competition of the European Commission, where she focused on the assessment of mergers in the sectors of financial services, pharmaceuticals and chemicals.
- Pfizer in its $ 6.7 billion acquisition of Arena Pharmaceuticals before competition authorities worldwide.
- Boston Scientific in obtaining merger control and foreign investment clearances in relation to its proposed acquisition of Baylis Medical Company Inc.
- LLM, Competition Law, King's College London, 2020, distinction
- Master in Management, HEC Liège Management School - University of Liège, 2019, cum laude
- Master in Law, University of Liège, 2018, magna cum laude
- Bachelor in Law, University of Liège, 2016, cum laude
- Brussels, Belgium