Scarlett Bickerton is a meticulous and judicious advocate who serves clients through monitoring and tracking federal legislative and regulatory policy developments to devise effective advocacy materials and facilitate meetings with members of Congress and agency officials. She works with clients in a range of policy areas, including trade, tax and financial services, insurance, and foreign sovereigns; she is the Lead Policy Specialist for Digital Assets. Scarlett has experience representing Fortune 500 corporations, Korean steel companies, foreign sovereigns, and nonprofit organizations related to veteran wellness, disaster case management, and ending hunger. She is experienced in assisting clients with appropriations and congressional oversight.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Scarlett worked in local journalism, the Michigan State Senate, the 2020 presidential and Michigan senatorial campaigns, and a food sustainability nonprofit. She also conducted women's health and reproductive policy research and analysis for a Top 10 U.S. research hospital. She received her B.A. from the University of Michigan where she was inducted into Pi Sigma Alpha and honored as a James B. Angell Scholar.
- U.S. Companies and Nonprofits to produce favorable outcomes in annual appropriations bills, including improvements to the Supportive Services for Veteran Families program.
- Foreign government in securing congressional support for renewing a US$3.3 billion bilateral agreement to ensure national security.
- Global manufacturing and distributing company to establish its first government relations program and begin to become a trusted advisor to congressional policymakers regarding USTR's statutory quadrennial review of Section 301 tariffs on Chinese goods.
- Multinational company in facilitating congressional and administrative meetings to create a path forward for a US$2 billion U.S. investment to support the EV supply chain.
- Digital asset financial services provider in developing congressional engagement on digital asset regulation.
- B.A., University of Michigan
- *Not admitted to the practice of law
- Member, Women in Government Relations
- Member, Washington International Trade Association