Jon Boswell focuses on representation of lenders and property owners, funds, investors, developers, operators, managers, nonprofit organizations, and energy companies in a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions and loan transactions such as construction loans, ground lease financing, multi-property financing, mezzanine financing, and workouts and modifications of distressed loans.
- Publicly traded healthcare REIT in a US$240 million commercial mortgage-backed security portfolio loan secured by 62 medical office buildings across the United States.
- Florida Rock Properties, Inc. in its agreements with Washington, D.C.-based developers and landowners to develop up to 10 separate properties in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Washington, D.C. near Nationals Park and Audi Field.
- Washington Housing Conservancy in the acquisition of the Loree Grand apartment community, a 212-unit complex located at 250 K Street, NE, Washington, D.C., that will help preserve affordable housing for moderate- and low-income individuals and families.
- New York based developer in the acquisition of a condominium hotel located in Florida.
- Real Estate Fund in the acquisition and financing of multiple hotels in midtown Manhattan.
- Major insurance company in the restructuring of a US$200 million senior and mezzanine loan secured by a property located in Washington, D.C.
- International investor in the US$2.2 billion acquisition of an office and retail building in New York City.*
- International investor in connection with various joint venture acquisitions of a 1.9 million-square-foot office building and a 420,000-square-foot office building in New York City.*
- Investor group in the US$850 million sale of a housing complex in Brooklyn, New York.*
*Reflects representations undertaken at prior firm.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, cum laude
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York