Melissa Brown is an experienced complex commercial litigator and represents clients in commercial contract and business disputes. She litigates in state and federal courts and regularly handles all aspects of civil litigation, including pre-filing consultations, pre-trial discovery, motion practice, court appearances, trial, appeals, and settlement negotiations. Melissa also has experience representing individuals and public and private companies in connection with internal investigations and SEC inquiries, investigations, and enforcement proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, Melissa served as a law clerk to Judge Joanna Seybert of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2019–2021) and previously had been an associate at a global law firm in New York. She earned her law degree cum laude from St. John's University School of Law.
- J.D., cum laude, St. John's University School of Law, 2016
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, Honorable Joanna Seybert, 2019–2021