Ashley Burkett focuses on appellate and complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts where she has represented clients in matters that span the substantive spectrum. She has extensive experience briefing a variety of legal and appellate issues in products liability actions, such as dispositive motions, Daubert motions, and motions in limine.
Ms. Burkett also has an active pro bono practice. She was a member of the team that persuaded the Florida Supreme Court to unanimously reverse a death-row inmate's conviction and sentence in light of new DNA evidence and confessions by another suspect.
- Major pharmaceutical company in the successful defense at trial of products liability claims in two MDL bellwether trials involving a prescription medication.
- Major financial institution in obtaining favorable decisions in federal and state appellate courts in multiple appeals involving foreclosure and consumer protection laws.
- Insurance company in obtaining summary judgment in an action in federal court to recover benefits under ERISA.
- JD, University of Alabama School of Law, 2012, summa cum laude
- BA, Economics and Finance, Huntingdon College, 2009, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, The Honorable Ed Carnes
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, The Honorable Kevin C. Newsom