Anne Davis is a trial lawyer with experience in a wide variety of civil and criminal matters, including state and federal antitrust litigation, environmental toxic tort class actions, products liability matters, shareholder derivative suits and securities class actions, and federal agency investigations. Ms. Davis also serves as Co-Managing Partner of the firm.
In 2003-2004, Ms. Davis served for eighteen months as a prosecuting attorney at the United Nations' International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in the Hague, the Netherlands (ICTY). During her time at the ICTY, Ms. Davis appeared on behalf of the Office of the Prosecutor in the trial of Prosecutor v. Blagojevic, et al., examining both Prosecution witnesses and adverse perpetrator witnesses, arguing motions before the judicial panel, and participating in the negotiation of plea agreements with two Bosnian Serb Army officers charged with genocide and crimes against humanity in connection with the July 1995 mass executions in Srebrenica, Eastern Bosnia.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Davis clerked for the Honorable Zita L. Weinshienk of the US District Court for the District of Colorado. While in law school at the University of Virginia, Ms. Davis served as an Editor of the Virginia Law Review.
- In re Titanium Dioxide Litigation (D. Md.). Global chemicals company in a direct purchaser class action antitrust litigation and opt-out litigation alleging a conspiracy to fix the price of titanium dioxide. Class action resolved by agreement days prior to trial.
- Ocean shipping company in putative class action alleging price fixing conspiracy among major international providers of vehicle carrier services.
- In re TriCor Litigation (D.Del.). Trial counsel for Laboratoires Fournier in an antitrust jury trial in the US District Court for the District of Delaware involving allegations of predatory innovation. Trial on Sherman Act claims settled just before jury deliberations.
- In re Canadian Import Antitrust Litigation (D.Minn.). Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc., in a putative class action by indirect purchasers alleging conspiracy to prevent importation of drugs from Canada. Prevailed on motion to dismiss (affirmed on appeal).
- Clayworth, et al. v. Pfizer, et al.. Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc., in a California state court action brought by pharmacies alleging conspiracy to fix US prices for brand name pharmaceuticals by using the Canadian price as a floor. Prevailed on motion for summary judgment.
- RJ Reynolds Co. v. Philip Morris (M.D.N.C.). Philip Morris USA in a monopolization challenge alleging that shelf space/category management program improperly excluded competitors. Prevailed on summary judgment.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1997
- MEd, University of Virginia, 1997
- AB, Dartmouth College, 1989
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US District Court, District of Colorado, The Honorable Zita L. Weinshienk