Tom Fox focuses his practice on litigation and general product safety regulatory work. His main litigation practice concerns the defence of product liability claims on behalf of medical device and pharmaceutical companies, but he also has considerable experience of commercial litigation and personal injury. He also has experience in bringing judicial review actions based on public and administrative law on behalf of pharmaceutical companies, both at the Court of Justice of the European Union and in national courts. He also advises on general product safety and regulatory issues such as conformity marking, labeling, and compliance with standards in relation to a range of consumer products including electrical and electronic goods, clothing, cosmetics and toys.
- Together with US colleagues focusing on Consumer Product Safety Law, Tom has advised on, and helped to co-ordinate, multijurisdictional product recalls for major producers of electronic products in cases concerning European legislation on product safety and the restriction of use of hazardous substances.
- The Oral Contraceptive Group Litigation, XYZ & Others v. Schering Health Care Limited & Others  EWHC 1420 (QB). Defence of group litigation brought against pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Fetal Anticonvulsant Group litigation. Defence of group litigation brought against pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Ludlow v. National Power plc 2000 All ER (D) 1868.
- Court of Appeal case defending claim for serious back injury and PTSD.
- CPE, LPC, College of Law, England, 1994
- MA, Balliol College, Oxford University, 1992
- England and Wales