Tom Fox focuses his practice on litigation and general product safety regulatory work. His main litigation practice concerns the defence of product liability claims on behalf of medical device and pharmaceutical companies, but he also has considerable experience of commercial litigation and personal injury. He also has experience in bringing judicial review actions based on public and administrative law on behalf of pharmaceutical companies, both at the Court of Justice of the European Union and in national courts. He also advises on general product safety and regulatory issues such as conformity marking, labeling, and compliance with standards in relation to a range of consumer products including electrical and electronic goods, clothing, cosmetics and toys.
- Tom has advised on, and coordinated, multijurisdictional product recalls for major producers of electronic products in cases concerning European legislation on product safety and the restriction of use of hazardous substances.
- Tom regularly provides regulatory advice to manufacturers, importers and distributors selling cosmetics, medical devices, electrical and electronic goods, clothing, and toys in Europe, including advice on compliance, labelling, product safety and recall.
- Tom also advises manufacturers, importers and distributors on chemicals and biocides legislation.
Commercial Litigation (2020)
- CPE, LPC, College of Law, England, 1994
- MA, Balliol College, Oxford University, 1992
- England and Wales