Tereza Gao's practice focuses on dispute resolution, including international commercial arbitration and investor treaty arbitration, among other areas. She assists in all phases of arbitration and litigation, including fact investigation, legal research, drafting written submissions, settlement negotiation, mediation, and hearing preparation.
Ms. Gao is dual-qualified in Hong Kong and New York, and is native in Mandarin and fluent in English and Cantonese. Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Ms. Gao worked in the San Francisco and Hong Kong offices of another major international law firm, handling litigation and arbitration matters.
- The Kingdom of Thailand in an investor-State arbitration brought by an Australian mining company (UNCITRAL).
- East Asian energy producer in $1 billion breach of contract and fraud dispute with US technology partner (ICC, Singapore and London).
- A Chinese metals conglomerate in successfully resolving investment dispute with US mineral development company (ICC, Hong Kong).
- A Chinese state-owned steel-making giant in successfully resolving sale of goods dispute with a large-scale Hong Kong charter operator (ad hoc, Hong Kong).
- A leading European innovative technology company in relation to its license and intellectual property infringement claims against a Chinese supplier (HKIAC, Hong Kong).
- A Chinese data conversion company in successfully resolving dispute with a US technology company in connection with the design and operation of a large- scale e-Book distribution platform (HKIAC, Hong Kong).
- A large Spanish contractor in successfully resolving dispute with a French supplier of solar tracker equipment in connection with the client's large solar energy installation in Southern California (AAA, San Francisco).
- Master of Laws, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2016, with high honors
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, City University of Hong Kong, 2013
- Bachelor of Law, City University of Hong Kong, 2012, Dean's List
- New York
- Hong Kong (Barrister-at-Law, Non-Practicing)