Jonathan Green's practice focuses on securities regulatory and enforcement matters, government and corporate investigations and white collar criminal defense.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Green was an Assistant US Attorney in the Eastern District of New York where he tried numerous cases to verdict. He investigated and prosecuted criminal matters involving allegations of securities fraud, money laundering, mortgage fraud and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), among others. Additionally, Mr. Green established and led the Eastern District's Mortgage Fraud Task Force as Mortgage Fraud Coordinator and served as Deputy Chief of the Office's General Crimes Section.
In addition to his service at the US Attorney's Office, Mr. Green held the position of Senior Counsel in the Division of Enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Commission, where he led investigations involving allegations of market manipulation, insider trading, fraudulent and unregistered securities offerings, accounting improprieties and public company disclosure.
Mr. Green received his JD from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review and Moot Court Board.
- Multinational financial services firms in connection with inquiries from the SEC, CFTC, DOJ, FINRA, SROs and other regulators.
- Public companies facing SEC and DOJ investigations concerning alleged accounting improprieties.
- Private equity fund in connection with an SEC investigation of a portfolio company.
- CEO of a commodity pool operator in connection with a SEC and CFTC investigation relating to valuation of assets.
- CEO of a mobile technologies company facing a criminal investigation relating to alleged securities fraud.
- Traders in connection with LIBOR and ISDAFIX investigations.
- Special committee of the board of a private equity fund portfolio company in connection with an internal investigation.
- Investment Advisor facing allegations of insider trading.
- Charity facing an investigation from the New York Attorney General's Charity Bureau.
- Automobile parts manufacturer in an antitrust matter in Japan.
- Individuals in a small investment advisory firm in connection with a FINRA investigation.
While at the US Attorney's Office and Securities and Exchange Commission, Mr. Green investigated and prosecuted securities fraud, mortgage fraud, FCPA violations, accounting improprieties and other white collar matters, including:
- Investigations relating to the mortgage crisis, including prosecutions for defrauding Fannie Mae and other purchasers in the secondary markets.
- FCPA investigations involving multinational financial institutions.
- Fraudulent offering and market-manipulation securities fraud cases.
- A "marking the close" case involving the manipulation of the closing price of a NYSE-listed security.
- JD, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2001
- BA, Political Science, Florida State University, 1998
- New York
- Assistant US Attorney, Eastern District of New York
- Senior Counsel, Division of Enforcement, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Faculty, National Advocacy Center