Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Harik was a Senior Writer for Global Competition Review. Covering merger enforcement, ongoing antitrust litigation, and policy developments in the US and abroad, Ms. Harik was asked to travel overseas for a first-hand look at the emergence of competition law regimes in Russia, Turkey, and South America. Ms. Harik is a 2013 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center's LLM program in International Business & Economic Law, after which she was offered a fellowship to teach foreign LLM students legal writing and research techniques for a US-based practice under the guidance of tenured professors at the Law Center. Ms. Harik has also held positions at the World Bank's International Finance Corporation and the Federal Trade Commission's Office of International Affairs.
- Boston Scientific Corporation, in its $4.2 billion acquisition of BTG plc, a UK company which develops and commercializes products used in minimally-invasive procedures to treat cancer and vascular diseases.
- General Electric, in connection with the $11 billion merger of Wabtec and GE Transportation. After a second request investigation based on potential vertical theories, the transaction was permitted to proceed without any remedy.
- BP plc, in connection with its approximately $10.5 billion acquisition of BHP Billiton's US onshore shale assets, BP's largest acquisition in nearly twenty years.
- Monsanto, in connection with its $66 billion acquisition by Bayer, which closed after a 20-month DOJ investigation leading to what the DOJ characterized as "the largest negotiated merger divestiture ever required by the United States." The transaction was reviewed and approved by antitrust enforcers in the US, the EU, and almost 30 other jurisdictions.
- Andritz AG, in connection with its acquisition of Xerium Technologies, Inc., a global manufacturer and supplier of specially engineered consumables used in the production of pulp, paper, building products, and other specialty applications.
- Boston Scientific Corporation, in connection with its acquisitions of urology and pelvic health medical device companies NxTHERA, Inc. and Augmenix, Inc., as well as cardiology device company Millipede, Inc.
- Komatsu Ltd., in connection with its approximately $2.9 billion acquisition of high-productivity mining equipment company, Joy Global.
- VISA, Inc., in connection with its acquisition of CardinalCommerce Corporation.
- Nucor Corporation, in connection with several acquisitions of steel products manufacturers.
- LLM, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013
- JD, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 2012
- BA, Amherst College, 2009, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Membership Advocate, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Long Range Planning Committee; Leadership Development Special Ops Team, ABA Antitrust Law Section
- Election Protection Volunteer, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Tutor and Law Firm Liaison, Thurgood Marshall Academy Charter School
- Assistant Head Coach, Girls’ Varsity Basketball, Yorktown High School