Yasmine Harik's practice focuses on assisting clients with government review of mergers and acquisitions, complex civil antitrust litigation, and compliance training. She represents companies in a variety of industries, including health care and medical devices, agrochemical and biotechnology, financial services, mining and construction equipment, and sports and entertainment. A significant portion of Ms. Harik's practice is also devoted to counseling large corporations on the mandates of Clayton Act Section 8, which regulates the composition of boards of directors.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Harik was a Senior Writer for Global Competition Review. Covering merger enforcement, ongoing antitrust litigation, and policy developments in the US and abroad, Ms. Harik was asked to travel overseas for a first-hand look at the emergence of competition law regimes in Russia, Turkey, and South America. Ms. Harik is a 2013 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center's LLM program in International Business & Economic Law, after which she was offered a fellowship to teach foreign LLM students legal writing and research techniques for a US-based practice under the guidance of tenured professors at the Law Center. Ms. Harik has also held positions at the World Bank's International Finance Corporation and the Federal Trade Commission's Office of International Affairs.
- Fortune 50 company on issues related to Clayton Act Section 8 (interlocking directorates).
- A professional sports franchise in antitrust litigation concerning alleged restrictions on ticket resales.
- LLM, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013
- JD, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 2012
- BA, Amherst College, 2009, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law; Young Lawyer Representative, Programming Committee, Section of Antitrust Law
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Assistant Coach, Yorktown High School, Women's Varsity Basketball