Yasmine Harik advises clients facing complex and cross-border merger reviews and challenges, class action antitrust ligation, and government investigations into alleged anticompetitive conduct. She represents companies at the forefront of several dynamic industries, including wearable technology, healthcare and medical devices, agrochemical and biotechnology, financial services, energy, professional sports, and consumer goods. Ms. Harik also spends a significant amount of time counseling Fortune 50 companies on antitrust compliance issues, such as interlocking directorates, competitive hiring practices, and joint ventures.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Harik was a Senior Writer for Global Competition Review based in Washington, DC and London, UK. Covering merger enforcement, antitrust litigation, and policy developments in the US and abroad, Ms. Harik was asked to travel overseas for a first-hand look at the modernization of competition law regimes in South America, Turkey, and Russia. Ms. Harik is a 2013 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center's LLM program in International Business & Economic Law, after which she was offered a fellowship to teach foreign LLM students legal writing and research techniques for a US-based practice. Ms. Harik also has held positions at the World Bank's International Finance Corporation and the Federal Trade Commission's Office of International Affairs.
- Fitbit Inc., in its $2.1 billion sale to Google, including regulatory filings and approval in the EU, Japan, South Africa, and several other jurisdictions. The transaction was named the 2021 European Merger Control Matter of the Year by Global Competition Review.
- Boston Scientific Corporation, in its $4.2 billion acquisition of BTG plc subject to the UK takeover code (and regulatory approval in the US, Spain, Germany, Austria, Colombia, and Israel), and the related divestiture of BSC's oncology microspheres business to Varian Medical Systems.
- General Electric, in connection with the $11 billion merger of Wabtec and GE Transportation. After a second request investigation based on potential vertical theories, the transaction was permitted to proceed without any remedy.
- BP plc, in connection with its approximately $10.5 billion acquisition of BHP Billiton's US onshore shale assets, BP's largest acquisition in nearly twenty years.
- Monsanto Company, in connection with its $66 billion acquisition by Bayer, which closed after a 20-month DOJ investigation resulting in what the DOJ characterized as "the largest negotiated merger divestiture ever required by the United States." The transaction was reviewed and approved by antitrust enforcers in the US, EU, and almost 30 other jurisdictions, and was deemed the 2019 Global Antitrust Matter of the Year by Global Competition Review.
- Andritz AG, in connection with its acquisition of Xerium Technologies, Inc., a global manufacturer and supplier of specially engineered consumables used in the production of pulp, paper, building products, and other specialty applications.
- Boston Scientific Corporation, in connection with its acquisitions of urology and pelvic health medical device companies NxTHERA, Inc. and Augmenix, Inc., as well as cardiology device company Millipede, Inc.
- Komatsu Ltd., in connection with its approximately $2.9 billion acquisition of high-productivity mining equipment company, Joy Global.
- VISA, Inc., in connection with its acquisition of CardinalCommerce Corporation.
- Nucor Corporation, in connection with several acquisitions of steel products manufacturers.
- LLM, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013
- JD, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 2012
- BA, Amherst College, 2009, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Counsel to the Chair, American Bar Association (ABA) Antitrust Law Section
- Long Range Planning Committee, ABA Antitrust Law Section
- Election Protection Volunteer, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Tutor and Law Firm Liaison, Thurgood Marshall Academy Charter School
- Assistant Head Coach, Girls’ Varsity Basketball, Yorktown High School
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Member, National Arab American Bar Association