Suneeta Hazra focuses her practice on counseling clients in white collar defense and complex litigation matters. She brings a unique perspective to her practice, having spent nearly 20 years at the United States Attorney's Office in Colorado, most recently serving as Chief of the Criminal Division. She has significant trial experience handling complex fraud cases, including securities, healthcare, and bank fraud, as well as crimes involving tax and export-control violations. During her tenure at the US Attorney's Office, Ms. Hazra held a number of other senior positions, including Chief of the Economic Crimes Section and Chief of the Major Crimes Section.
Before joining the US Attorney's Office in Denver, Ms. Hazra served as a trial attorney in the Division of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs at the US Justice Department in Washington, DC, and was in private practice.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- BA, Yale University, with distinction
- *Admitted in District of Columbia only; practice of law in Colorado temporarily authorized pending admission under C.R.C.P. 205.6.
- United States Attorney's Office in Colorado, Chief of the Criminal Division
- United States Attorney's Office in Colorado, Chief of the Economic Crimes Section
- United States Attorney's Office in Colorado, Chief of the Major Crimes Section
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, The Honorable Robert R. Merhige, Jr.