Suneeta Hazra's practice focuses on counseling clients on corporate compliance, internal and government investigations, environmental enforcement actions and commercial litigation.
Ms. Hazra brings a unique perspective to her practice, having served almost 20 years as a federal prosecutor in the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado, most recently serving as Chief of the Criminal Division. As Criminal Chief, Ms. Hazra supervised approximately 50 attorneys and was responsible for all criminal investigations and prosecutions in the state. She also served as the office's Opioid coordinator, a role in which she coordinated civil and criminal opioid investigations into pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors and providers. During her tenure at the US Attorneys' office, Ms. Hazra led investigations and prosecutions involving investment and healthcare fraud, insider trading, environmental crimes, money laundering, commercial disputes, tax, export control violations and other economic crimes. During her tenure at the US Attorney's Office, Ms. Hazra tried more than 35 cases, and held a number of other senior positions, including Chief of the Economic Crimes Section and Chief of the Major Crimes Section.
Before joining the US Attorney's Office in Denver, Ms. Hazra served as a trial attorney in the Division of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs at the US Justice Department in Washington, DC, and was in private practice.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- BA, Yale University, with distinction
- District of Columbia
- United States Attorney's Office in Colorado, Chief of the Criminal Division
- United States Attorney's Office in Colorado, Chief of the Economic Crimes Section
- United States Attorney's Office in Colorado, Chief of the Major Crimes Section
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, The Honorable Robert R. Merhige, Jr.