Alex Hevia specializes in corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency-related matters. Alex has counseled privately and publicly held companies across a variety of industries, with a focus on the retail, energy, and pharmaceutical sectors. He has advised boards of directors, board committees, and senior management, among others, on corporate restructurings, distressed financing, liability management transactions, and other special situation transactions in acquisitions, out-of-court restructurings, and Chapter 11 cases.
Alex has an active pro bono practice and has counseled numerous clients on asylum cases. He serves on the Associate Board of Cabrini Green Legal Aid, a local Chicago non-profit agency.
While at Boston College Law School, Alex served as a member of the Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Moot Court Team.
Alex previously clerked for the Honorable Timothy Barnes in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2017
- B.A., History, Boston College, 2013
- United States Bankruptcy Court, N.D. Illinois, The Honorable Timothy A. Barnes
- Member, Associate Board of Cabrini Legal Aid
- Member, Chicago Bar Association Symphony Orchestra