Alice Ho's practice focuses on intellectual property, particularly in the areas of biotechnology, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and life sciences. Her practice includes patent prosecution, inter partes and ex parte matters before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, Hatch-Waxman litigation and other litigation cases before Federal District courts, and intellectual property aspects of transaction matters.
Dr. Ho regularly counsels clients on matters related to patent eligible subject matter, obviousness-type double patenting, patent term extension, and Orange Book listing. She has drafted, prosecuted, analyzed, and defended patents involving a range of technologies including therapeutic protein engineering and production, antibodies and vaccine development, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and medical diagnostics. Additionally, she is experienced in preparing non-infringement and invalidity opinions, as well as performing freedom to operate and due diligence analyses.
Dr. Ho received her PhD from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, where she was involved in a collaborative research project about arrhythmia and cardioprotection.
- Assist major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies with patent procurement and post-grant strategies.
- Assist major pharmaceutical companies with Orange Book listing issues.
- Back-up counsel for post-allowance proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Assist Bruin Biometrics with the prosecution of key patent portfolios for the protection of wound management products in the US and abroad.
- Assist NeuExcell Therapeutics with the prosecution of patent portfolios for the protection of gene therapy and small molecule products.
- Assisted Novartis in IP diligence matters on Xiidra.
- Assisted a major biotechnology company to defeat a motion to dismiss involving a patent covering processes related to nucleic acid-based diagnostic tests.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
- PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2013
- BASc, Engineering Science, Biomedical Option, University of Toronto, 2006
- District of Columbia
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Chinese (Cantonese)