Robert Holton co-heads the Investment Management practice and has experience in a broad variety of corporate transactional, securities, and other matters. He focuses his practice on the formation of hedge funds, private equity funds, funds of funds, separately managed accounts, and other alternative investment vehicles, and related advice on regulatory and transactional matters.
- Large hedge fund manager (over $16 billion AUM) in the formation or establishment of more than 20 US and non-US hedge funds, funds of one, and managed accounts utilizing a variety of investment strategies.
- Large hedge fund manager in the formation of European distressed credit funds (over $3.4 billion in aggregate commitments).
- Large hedge fund manager in the establishment of advisory and subadvisory relationships with several US-registered funds and UCITS III-compliant umbrella funds.
- Leading multifamily office (over $100 billion in assets under supervision) in the formation of various private equity, venture capital, and real asset funds of funds (over $3.5 billion in aggregate commitments).
- Various multifamily and single family offices in the review and negotiation of investments in over 200 private equity, venture capital, real asset and credit funds and coinvestment vehicles.
- Leading boutique investment bank in the formation of a private equity fund.
- Various US and non-US hedge and private equity fund managers in relation to registration with the SEC as investment advisers and filing as exempt reporting advisers.
- Various hedge fund managers in relation to US and UK position reporting obligations.
- Various hedge fund managers in the establishment of US and international distribution arrangements.
- Leading private bank in the acquisition of a fund of hedge funds platform.
- Leading private bank in the formation of feeder fund vehicles for wealth management clients.
February 15, 2023
SEC Announces 2023 Examination Priorities
November 4, 2022
Investment Advisers Required to be in Full Compliance with New Marketing Rule by November 4, 2022
April 5, 2022
Today’s SEC Examination Priorities, Tomorrow’s SEC Enforcement Actions
February 17, 2022
In Case of First Impression, Federal Court Rules that Whistleblower Protections Extend to Company’s Outside Investors
February 3, 2022
SEC Proposes Amendments to Require Additional Private Fund Disclosures
The Legal 500 US
Investment Funds: Alternative/Hedge Fund Formation; International Mergers & Acquisitions (2007)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1994
- BA, Carnegie Mellon University, 1989, University Honors
- New York
Member, Business Law Section, Subcommittee on Hedge Funds, American Bar Association
Member, Managed Funds Association