Corporate and Finance
Arnold & Porter's Corporate and Finance practice represents:
- private equity firms and public and private corporations in all manner of mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions;
- sovereign nations and sub-sovereign and quasi-governmental issuers in capital markets and financing transactions;
- corporate issuers and underwriters in registered and unregistered issuances of equity and debt, ranging from emerging companies in venture capital financings and IPOs to large-cap public companies in SEC-registered offerings and continuing reporting and compliance;
- banks and non-bank lenders and borrowers in secured loan transactions; and
- hedge funds, private equity funds, and other investment vehicles in their formation, product development, and regulatory compliance.
Our Corporate and Finance practice is closely integrated with other leading practice groups at the firm, thereby providing a full-service solution for our clients, with lawyers who have a deep understanding of the industry in which they operate. We believe this is a fundamental differentiator of Arnold & Porter.
For example, our Corporate and Finance group practitioners have developed broad experience in the following industries, having worked closely over many years with our industry experts in other practice groups:
- Federal Government Services, where we have an industry leading government contracts and national security practice;
- Financial Institutions, where our transactional practice works closely with our leading practitioners in financial services regulation, compliance, and enforcement;
- Life Sciences, where we have a leading FDA practice that provides unique perspective on the regulatory environment for biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies;
- Healthcare, where we have leading capabilities in Medicare reimbursement and regulatory compliance issues;
- Energy, where our deal lawyers work closely with our energy regulatory lawyers and Environmental practice, which provides insights on industry trends and other government initiatives impacting the energy industry;
- Information Technology, where our Intellectual Property practice group represents leading software and technology companies in patent and copyright litigation, and our IP transactional team provides cutting-edge experience in licensing, joint ventures, and commercial transactions.