Ron Levine, co-chair of Arnold & Porter's Corporate & Finance Group, brings 30 years of experience to his practice in corporate finance, private equity and merger and acquisition transactions. He works with mature and emerging companies across a range of industries, including private equity, technology, investment management, business services, life sciences, energy, restaurant/retail, food, and manufacturing. His practice focuses on public and private M&A transactions, private equity and venture investment, securities and capital markets, shareholder activism, and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Levine also represents public and private companies and their boards of directors on takeover defense, securities disclosure, technology transfer and executive compensation, and general corporate counseling.
Mr. Levine is actively involved in community affairs, including serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Craig Hospital Foundation, the Board of Directors of Rocky Mountain PBS, the Board of Trustees of the Cornell Football Association, and the University Council of Cornell University.
- F&I Sentinel, the automotive industry’s leading financing compliance and regulatory risk mitigation solutions provider, in its sale of a 51 percent interest in the company to Calera Capital.
- CS Wind, a Korea-based wind tower manufacturer, in its $150-million acquisition of one of the world’s largest tower manufacturing facilities and its associated US-based business from the Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas Wind Systems A/S.
- An independent energy company in its sale of certain Permian basin non-participating royalty interests and overriding royalty interests for $65 million.
- Oblong, Inc., maker of multi-stream collaboration solutions (Nasdaq: OBLG), in its $12.4 million registered direct offering.
- Glowpoint, Inc., a managed service provider of video collaboration and network applications, in its merger with collaboration technology company Oblong Industries, Inc., a portfolio company of Foundry Group. We also advised Glowpoint on a concurrent equity financing.
- Resolute Energy Corporation in its $1.6 billion merger with Cimarex Energy Co.
- Resolute Energy Corporation in numerous capital markets transactions, including two separate offerings totaling $200 million of Senior Notes due 2020 pursuant to Rule 144A (2017 and 2018), a $165 million public common stock offering (2016), and a $65 million Preferred Stock offering (2016).
- Resolute Energy Corporation in the $195 million sale of its Aneth Field assets in southeastern Utah's Paradox Basin to an affiliate of Elk Petroleum Limited.
- Industrial Income Advisors in connection with the sale of Industrial Income Trust.
- Resolute Energy Corporation and Red Robin in shareholder activism defense.
- Delta Petroleum, Echo Bay Mines, Glowpoint, HS Resources, OEA, Red Robin, Resolute Energy Corporation, and Union Bankshares in SEC compliance and various corporate governance issues.
"Denver Lawyer of the Year" — Venture Capital Law (CO) (2016, 2018, 2021)
"Denver Lawyer of the Year" — Mergers and Acquisitions Law (CO) (2011, 2021)
Currently listed in six categories: Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; and Venture Capital Law (CO) (2005-2024)
M&A/Corporate and Commercial: M&A Middle-Market (sub-$500m) (2018–2019)
M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Corporate Governance (2019)
- J.D., Harvard University, 1987, cum laude
- B.S., Cornell University, 1984
- New York