Ron Levine brings 30 years of experience to his practice in corporate finance, private equity and merger and acquisition transactions. His clients include public and private companies across a range of industries, including private equity, technology, business services, energy, restaurant/retail, food, and manufacturing. His practice focuses on public and private M&A transactions, private equity, securities and capital markets, shareholder activism, and corporate governance matters. Mr. Levine serves as counsel in debt and equity offerings for domestic and foreign companies and represents numerous major private equity funds in investment and merger and acquisition transactions, as well as a number of asset managers and hedge funds.
Mr. Levine also represents public companies and their boards of directors on securities disclosure and compliance issues, technology transfer, executive compensation, and general corporate counseling.
Mr. Levine is actively involved in community affairs, including serving as a member of the Board of Directors of Rocky Mountain PBS, the Board of Trustees of the Cornell Football Association, and the University Council of Cornell University.
- Resolute Energy Corporation in its $1.6 billion merger with Cimarex Energy Co. (pending).
- Resolute Energy Corporation in numerous capital markets transactions, including two separate offerings totaling $200 million of Senior Notes due 2020 pursuant to Rule 144A (2017 and 2018), a $165 million public common stock offering (2016), and a $65 million Preferred Stock offering (2016).
- Resolute Energy Corporation in the $195 million sale of its Aneth Field assets in southeastern Utah's Paradox Basin to an affiliate of Elk Petroleum Limited.
- Resolute Energy Corporation and Red Robin in shareholder activism defense.
- Delta Petroleum, Echo Bay Mines, Glowpoint, HS Resources, OEA, Red Robin, Resolute Energy Corporation, and Union Bankshares in SEC compliance and various corporate governance issues.
"Denver Lawyer of the Year" – Venture Capital Law (2016, 2018)
"Denver Lawyer of the Year" – Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2011)
Currently listed in six categories: Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; and Venture Capital Law (2005-2019)
- JD, Harvard University, 1987, cum laude
- BS, Cornell University, 1984
- New York