Kristen Ittig counsels and represents large and small clients in government contracts matters, including compliance counseling, bid protests, investigations, audits and self-disclosures, claims and disputes, terminations, and other issues impacting government contractors and federal grantees.
Kristen counsels companies on compliance obligations relating to federal contracts and grants, and assists companies in designing and implementing effective compliance programs. She also provides guidance on contract and subcontract negotiations, the formation and administration of teaming and strategic alliances, and performance disputes.
Kristen assists contractors and grantees in conducting internal investigations, and represents clients in audits and investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, the Government Accountability Office, and agency inspectors general, including providing advice on the FAR mandatory disclosure requirements. She has substantial experience in suspension/debarment proceedings, and in defending federal civil False Claims Act cases, including matters relating to GSA Schedule contract compliance.
Further, Kristen provides advice regarding small business matters, including maintenance of small business status and establishment of SDVOSB, EDWOSB and HUBZone eligibility. In this context, she litigates size protests and NAICS code appeals.
Kristen has substantial experience in domestic preference law, including the Buy American Act and the Trade Agreements Act. She litigates Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and reverse-FOIA matters relating to the release of unit pricing and other sensitive contractor information.
Separately, Kristen represents clients in security clearance litigation matters before the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals and other agency adjudicative authorities.
- Multiple contractors in numerous bid protests at GAO and Court of Federal Claims in both pre-award and post-award bid protests.
- AgustaWestland in successfully resolving the termination for convenience of the presidential helicopter program.
- International corporation in successful trial and appellate litigation to protect trade secret and confidential pricing information from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Homeland Security contractor in internal investigation, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audit, and DOJ investigation regarding performance and pricing issues.
- Over 20 individuals before DOHA and other agencies in security clearance appeals and other proceedings. Obtained clearances in matters involving Guidelines B, C, E, F, H, M (Foreign Influence, Foreign Preference, Personal Conduct, Financial Considerations, Drug Involvement, Use of Information Technology Systems).
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1996
- B.A., American University, 1990
- District of Columbia
ABA Public Contract Law Section - Member, Governing Council, Past Chair; Legislative Coordinating Committee
Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association, Treasurer and former President
- Member, Law360's Government Contracts Editorial Advisory Board (2021)