Maureen Jeffreys is chair of the firm's Telecommunications, Internet & Media practice. She provides regulatory, transactional, and litigation counseling to wireline, wireless, video, media, and Internet clients. She represents these clients before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), and elsewhere. She assists communications clients in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Jeffreys provides strategic counseling on federal policy developments, including cutting edge developments in spectrum policy, Open Internet, mobile health, and telemarketing. She advises clients regarding federal and state regulatory implications of innovative communications products and services. Her representation of media clients focuses on federal regulatory compliance, including obtaining approval for mergers, advising public broadcasters on the unique regulatory issues they face, and counseling on such issues as indecency, equal employment opportunity, political broadcasts, and cable carriage requirements.
- AT&T Inc.’s FCC counsel in its 2021 spinoff of DIRECTV.
- AT&T Inc.’s FCC counsel in its 2021 sale of Vrio Corp.
- Educational nonprofit organization (public television station) in negotiating the sale of its 2.5 GHz BRS EBS spectrum licenses to T-Mobile Sprint and obtaining FCC approval for the sale.
- AT&T Inc.'s FCC counsel in its 2015 acquisition of DIRECTV.
- Harris Corporation on telecommunications regulatory issues in its 2015 acquisition of Exelis Inc.
- AT&T Inc. (formerly SBC) with every major telecommunications merger since joining the firm in 2001.
- National cable company in complex local administrative proceedings and related federal litigation in order to obtain cable franchise renewals.
- Television and radio stations in enforcement proceedings before the FCC.
- Broadcast stations on the complex regulatory requirements related to the 2009 transition to digital television.
- Foreign carrier on application of requirements of the US Universal Service Fund (USF) requirements.
- Manufacturers in FCC enforcement proceedings involving FCC equipment authorization requirements.
- Foreign clients on US communications laws.
Telecoms and Broadcast: Regulatory (2013-2019, 2021-2022)
- JD, American University, Washington College of Law, 2000
- BA, Journalism, American University, 1996
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, Northern District of Ohio, The Honorable Lesley Brooks Wells
Member, Federal Communications Bar Association