Giselle Joffre brings over two decades of experience as both a defense attorney and federal prosecutor to her defense of Life Sciences clients facing criminal healthcare fraud charges and in False Claims Act investigations, litigation, and settlement negotiations. She represents both corporations and corporate executives in federal government investigations, complex commercial litigation, and internal investigations. Her corporate clients have included insurance plans, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, pharmacies, hospitals, physician groups, healthcare providers, and diagnostic and genetics testing companies.
Giselle also advises public company and non-profit boards from a variety of industries when internal concerns arise. She has led sensitive and high-profile investigations and conducted board assessments.
After graduating from law school, Giselle began her career as a litigation associate at another Boston-based firm. She served as a Special Assistant District Attorney in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Boston, investigating civil health care fraud and various types of criminal fraud before returning to private practice.
Giselle speaks frequently and is actively engaged in bar association activities at the federal and local levels on healthcare fraud issues. She currently serves as a Council Member of the Boston Bar Association.
- Company leadership and employees in their U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal investigation into alleged federal healthcare fraud violations.*
- Genetic testing company in its federal False Claims Act litigation concerning allegations of violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.*
- Genetic testing company in negotiating settlement of whistleblower complaint investigation initiated by the Office of Inspector General.*
- Pharmaceutical company executive in its DOJ investigation concerning Patient Assistance Program and alleged Anti-Kickback Statute violations.*
- Well-known institution in conducting internal investigations concerning allegations of race-based discrimination by patrons.*
- Board of Directors of a public-facing institution concerning social media
complaint of racial discrimination.*
- Major Boston hospital in conducting internal investigation into allegations of sexual harassment.*
- Higher educational institution in conducting internal investigation into allegations of discrimination and retaliation.*
- Scientific device company in leading internal investigation of potential export control violation.*
- State-level transportation agency regarding potential civil rights violations associated with major operational change.*
- State-level transportation agency in its DOJ investigation.*
*Reflects experience at previous employer.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2003
- B.A., Harvard College, 2000, magna cum laude
- New York
Government & Military Service
- Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts
- Special Assistant District Attorney, Special Assistant District Attorney, Middlesex District Attorney's Office
- Council Member, current, Boston Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Women’s Leadership and Advancement Forum, Boston Bar Association, 2022 - 2023
- Co-Chair, White Collar Steering Committee, Boston Bar Association, 2018 - 2020
- Board Director, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, 2022 - 2023
- Trustee, Boston Symphony Orchestra