Andrew Johnson represents public and private companies, officers, and individuals in connection with SEC enforcement actions, securities and stockholder class actions, and complex litigation matters. Prior to his legal career, Andrew was a Senior Assurance Associate for KPMG LLP, where he primarily focused on financial statement audits of Fortune 500 companies.
Andrew has represented clients across a variety of industries in litigation in federal and state courts. His experience includes drafting pleadings and dispositive motions, drafting discovery motions, taking and defending fact and expert depositions, arguing motions, participating in trial preparation, and negotiating settlements in both state and federal court. Andrew also represents clients in responding to investigations by the SEC.
Andrew graduated cum laude from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. While in law school, he served as a law clerk in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California. Additionally, Andrew participated in the Hastings Appellate Project, representing as Student Counsel a pro se litigant before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He was also a member of the Moot Court Board and an executive production editor of the Hastings Business Law Journal.
- National accounting firm engagement partner in an SEC investigation in which revenue recognition issues of a public issuer client are at issue.
- Major international cruise line and subsidiary brands in defense of multiple class actions and 200+ individual wrongful-death and personal injury claims arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corp. v. Adobe Inc. in defending breach of contract and copyright claims arising from a set of licensing agreements pertaining to audio technologies.
- Planned Parenthood in a federal jury trial for RICO, trespass, fraud, illegal recording, and contract violations, in which he secured a multi-million dollar jury verdict on all claims.
- Incarcerated individual in prosecuting Eighth Amendment and state law claims against state correctional institution.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2018, cum laude
- Master of Accountancy, Gonzaga University, 2010
- B.B.A., Gonzaga University, 2009, Beta Alpha Psi
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, American Business Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association