Jeremy Kamras litigates a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including real estate, trust and estate, securities, and intellectual property litigation. He has represented corporate and high net worth clients within the aviation, banking, insurance, financial services, manufacturing, real estate, and food and beverage industries. He also has experience litigating with and against municipalities.
Mr. Kamras has litigated federal and state individual, class, and derivative actions. He has significant trial experience, including most recently a widely reported federal jury trial in which he helped to obtain on behalf of Planned Parenthood a multi-million dollar verdict on all claims against activists for RICO, trespass, fraud, illegal recording, and contract violations. He has also tried cases in state court, including helping to obtain a unanimous defense verdict against a multi-million claim. In addition, he served as an Assistant District Attorney with the San Francisco District Attorney's Office, where, as lead counsel, he successfully tried several cases to verdict before a jury. He also has experience conducting internal investigations and in arbitrations before JAMS, AAA, and FINRA.
Mr. Kamras has been recognized as a Northern California "Super Lawyer," and before that had been recognized as a "Rising Star" for six years running.
- Represented trustee of multibillion dollar trust, comprised primarily of real estate developer and its assets (the value of which is to be distributed to a private philanthropic foundation), in California probate court against claims by testators' son for breach of fiduciary duties, tortious interference, elder abuse and related claims.
- Represented co-trustees of trust comprised of food, beverage, winery and real estate concerns, intended in significant part to be distributed to private philanthropic foundation, where trustees sought to void decades-old agreement by testator purportedly binding trustees to make payments to service provider worth approximately $60 million.
"Rising Star" (2010-2016)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2001, cum laude
- BA, Columbia University, 1998, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, The Honorable Carlos T. Bea
- Member, State Bar of California
- Board Member, Anti-Defamation League (Central Pacific Region)