Mr. Kamras litigates matters involving trade secret misappropriation and employee raiding, including within the banking, insurance, securities, manufacturing, and food and beverage industries. Mr. Kamras' experience representing clients in the financial services industries extends also to securities and other complex commercial litigation, including federal and state individual, class and derivative actions, and arbitrations before FINRA. He has significant trial experience, including serving as an Assistant District Attorney with the San Francisco District Attorney's Office, where, as lead counsel, he successfully tried several cases to verdict before a jury.
Mr. Kamras has been recognized as a Northern California "Rising Star" each of the last six years.
- Napa Valley winery as claimant in JAMS arbitration asserting misappropriation of trade secret customer lists, trademark infringement, false designation of origin, false advertising, breach of contract, unfair competition, and breach of fiduciary duty securing an arbitration award enjoining misappropriation of customer lists and trademark infringement and awarding damages.
- Private mortgage insurer in California state court asserting misappropriation of trade secrets, including algorithms and other artifacts of insurance origination and underwriting system, projections, models, competitive analysis, and business strategy.
- Bank and certain of its officers in California state court against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, including customer lists and technical aspects of the title and escrow banking field.
- Automotive aftermarket manufacturer (clean-tech company and its officers and employees) in JAMS arbitration against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets relating to diesel emissions reduction technology.
- Semiconductor manufacturer and distributor in California state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation, securing a dismissal of all claims.
- Conference operator in matter seeking specific performance and damages for breach of contract, copyright infringement, and trade secret misappropriation.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2001, cum laude
- BA, Columbia University, 1998, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, The Honorable Carlos T. Bea
State Bar of California
State Bar of New York
Board Member, Anti-Defamation League (Central Pacific Region)