David Kerschner focuses on complex commercial litigation and has worked on teams that have tried cases to jury verdicts in multiple jurisdictions. His experiences include representing major life science companies in product liability actions, contractual disputes, and on antitrust claims relating to restraint of generic competition. Mr. Kerschner has experience handling all phases of litigation including trial strategy and preparation. He has also worked on internal investigations with large corporate clients.
In his pro bono practice, Mr. Kerschner is working on a parole appeal with the Innocence Project, and an appeal for a prisoner on death row in Alabama. Mr. Kerschner has also represented probono clients seeking to recover damages for property lost in a fire, and counseled nonprofit organizations on various trademark issues.
Mr. Kerschner earned his JD from New York University School of Law, where he was Senior Staff Editor for the Environmental Law Journal. He received his BA, cum laude, from Colgate University.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals and Auxilium Pharmaceuticals in product liability litigation, including an MDL, involving testosterone replacement therapy products (national defense counsel team).
- Bayer Corporation and Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc., in the defense of their oral anticoagulant prescription medication, Xarelto® in product liability litigation, including an MDL.
- King Pharmaceuticals in an MDL with three putative class and multiple individual antitrust actions alleging that the manufacturer conspired with a potential generic entrant to delay or block generic entry in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and certain state antitrust, unfair trade practices and related laws.
- Lutron Electronics on various product liability claims against the company's products.
- Aerospace company and its directors and officers in a securities class action, a shareholder derivative action and a parallel SEC investigation.
- Irving Oil, Canada's largest refinery, in a suit brought by the State of Vermont seeking statewide remediation of groundwater.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2012
- BA, Political Science, Colgate University, 2009, cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York