Kaitlin Konkel focuses on white collar and international matters. She represents clients in government and congressional investigations, post-indictment criminal proceedings, and complex civil litigation, including appeals and amicus curiae submissions. She also advises clients on the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), foreign-official and diplomatic immunity, INTERPOL Red Notices, international extradition, and other international law enforcement issues.
Kaitlin devotes a significant part of her practice to pro bono litigation, particularly in the areas of criminal defense, immigrant rights, prisoner civil rights, and voting rights. She graduated from Williams College and Yale Law School. Prior to rejoining the firm, she served as a law clerk to the Hon. Catherine Blake of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Individuals and companies in government investigations, congressional investigations, and post-indictment criminal proceedings.
- Companies and non-profit organizations seeking advice on compliance with FARA.
- Individuals facing INTERPOL Red Notices, possible extradition proceedings, and other international law enforcement issues.
- Individuals and companies in complex civil litigation involving the Alien Tort Statute, Torture Victim Protection Act, Anti-Terrorism Act, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), False Claims Act, and Privacy Act, including at the motion to dismiss and summary judgment stages, during discovery, and on appeal.
- Current and former foreign officials asserting immunity defenses in U.S. civil litigation and criminal proceedings.
- Numerous clients in amicus curiae submissions challenging executive-branch action on constitutional and statutory grounds, including in the U.S. Supreme Court and federal appellate courts.
- Voters and organizational plaintiffs in successful partisan gerrymandering challenge to state legislative districts.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2015
- B.A., Political Science and English, Williams College, 2010
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, The Honorable Catherine C. Blake