Kaitlin Konkel focuses her practice on white collar and international matters. She represents clients in government investigations, post-indictment criminal proceedings, and complex civil litigation, including appeals and amicus curiae submissions in the US Supreme Court and federal appellate courts. She also advises clients on the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), foreign-official and diplomatic immunity, international extradition, INTERPOL Red Notices, and other international law enforcement issues.
Ms. Konkel devotes a significant part of her practice to pro bono litigation, particularly in the areas of criminal defense, immigrant rights, prisoner civil rights, and voting rights.
Ms. Konkel graduated from Williams College and Yale Law School. Prior to rejoining the firm, she served as a law clerk to the Hon. Catherine Blake of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Individuals in government investigations and post-indictment criminal proceedings.
- Individuals facing possible extradition to or from the United States.
- Individuals challenging INTERPOL Red Notices.
- Companies and organizations seeking advice on compliance with the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
- Individuals and companies in complex civil litigation involving the Alien Tort Statute, Torture Victim Protection Act, Anti-Terrorism Act, False Claims Act, and Privacy Act, including at the motion to dismiss and summary judgment stages, during discovery, and on appeal.
- Current and former foreign officials asserting immunity defenses in US civil litigation and criminal proceedings.
- Companies in anti-corruption due diligence.
- Numerous clients in amicus curiae submissions challenging executive-branch action on constitutional and statutory grounds, including in the US Supreme Court and federal appellate courts.
- Voters and organizational plaintiffs in successful partisan gerrymandering challenge to state legislative districts.
- JD, Yale Law School, 2015
- BA, Political Science and English, Williams College, 2010
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court, District of Maryland, The Honorable Catherine C. Blake