Ewa Kontkiewicz advises clients on all aspects of EU competition law and EU regulatory matters. Ewa is a Polish qualified lawyer with experience in several industry sectors, including technology, e-commerce, entertainment, and pharmaceutical. She has specific expertise in digital-related matters and the interplay between competition and e-commerce/IP laws. Ewa also has experience in complex merger proceedings before the European Commission.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Ewa was a Blue Book trainee at the Directorate General for Competition of the European Commission in a unit dealing with antitrust investigations focused on e-commerce and data economy, where she contributed to cases related to the largest e-commerce platforms in Europe, data usage, and vertical relationships in e-commerce. She also worked in Warsaw, Poland, as an associate in a leading international law firm in IP & TMT practice and did a summer traineeship in a leading U.S. law firm in capital markets and corporate practice.
- Pfizer Inc. in obtaining global merger control and FDI clearances in relation to its pending $43 billion acquisition of Seagen Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. in its $17.4 billion acquisition of PPD Inc., a leading global provider of clinical research services. The transaction was reviewed and received unconditional clearances from competition and FDI authorities in the US, the EU and more than a dozen other jurisdictions worldwide.
- Master of Laws, University of Warsaw, 2017, summa cum laude
- Diploma in American Law Studies, U.S. Law, Center for American Law Studies, 2017, summa cum laude, upon the recommendation of the Emory University School of Law, the Georgia State University College of Law and the University of Warsaw Faculty of Law and Administration
- Brussels, Belgium (EU-list)
- Warsaw, Poland