C. Scott Lent has extensive experience in handling antitrust transactional, investigational, litigation, and advisory matters across a wide range of industries including media and entertainment, telecommunications, building materials, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
With regard to transactions, Mr. Lent has managed all aspects of antitrust-related issues in connection with obtaining regulatory approval. He represents clients before many government and regulatory agencies such as the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, State Attorneys General and foreign regulators on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, among others.
Mr. Lent also represents a number of clients in complex litigation as well as civil and criminal investigations, including for alleged price-fixing, monopolization, price discrimination and other restraints of trade, and in class actions. Additionally, he maintains a sports law practice and has advised numerous sports leagues and teams, including the NBA, NFL, NHL, PGA, AFL and NCAA. Finally, Mr. Lent advises numerous clients on general antitrust and competition matters and compliance with antitrust statutes, including issues relating to the implementation of proposed business plans, competitor collaborations, and unilateral conduct.
Mr. Lent is consistently recognized as a leading antitrust lawyer in publications such as Chambers USA. In 2022, he was included in The American Lawyer's "Northeast Trailblazers" list among those that moved the needle in the legal industry for his antitrust work and his accomplishments in the media, entertainment, and sports sectors.
- Fresenius Kabi in its acquisition of Ivenix Inc., a venture-backed smart infusion pump developer.
- HarperCollins Publishers in multiple transactions.
- American Securities, a global private equity firm, in the sale of Milk Specialties Global to Butterfly.
- Major wine and liquor distributor in multiple transactions.
- Novartis in the sale to Mylan of its global cystic fibrosis products, including the TOBI® Podhaler and TOBI® solution, for $463 million.
- AM General LLC, a global leader in ground vehicle systems, in its sale to KPS Capital Partners.
- General Electric in the $1.05 Billion sale of its value-based care (VBC) division to Veritas Capital.
- Komatsu Ltd. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of high-productivity mining equipment company, Joy Global.
- Ingersoll-Rand plc in its acquisition of GPSI Holdings, a leading provider of telematics solutions, from Falconhead Capital.
- ViaPath Technologies in its acquisition of Telmate.
- DTCC in multiple transactions.
- Pfizer in a worldwide licensing agreement with OPKO Health Inc., granting Pfizer exclusive rights to develop and commercialize OPKO's long-acting human growth hormone (hGH-CTP).
- Aduro BioTech in a $750 million collaboration with Novartis for the worldwide research, development and commercialization of novel immuno-oncology products.
- Aduro BioTech in an exclusive worldwide license for its LADD immunotherapy platform for use by used by Johnson & Johnson's Janssen Biotech unit.
Antitrust: Merger Control (2018, 2022)
Antitrust: Civil Litigation & Class Actions (2016–2022)
"Next Generation Lawyer" Sports (2017–2019)
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1999
- B.S., Psychology and History, Union College, 1994
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Member, Executive Committee, NYSBA Antitrust Section
Member, Federal Civil Enforcement, Health Care & Pharmaceuticals, Joint Conduct, Media & Technology, Mergers & Acquisitions, Trade, Sports & Professional Associations, and Unilateral Conduct Legal and Industry Committees, American Bar Association
Member, NYU School of Law, Law Alumni Association Board of Trustees
Member, Lawyers Alliance of New York, Board of Directors (2016-2022)