C. Scott Lent has extensive experience in handling antitrust, transactional, investigational, litigation, and advisory matters across a wide range of industries including media and entertainment, telecommunications, building materials, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
With regard to transactions, Mr. Lent has managed all aspects of antitrust-related issues in connection with obtaining regulatory approval. He represents clients before many government and regulatory agencies such as the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, State Attorneys General and foreign regulators on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, among others.
Mr. Lent also represents a number of clients in complex litigation as well as civil and criminal investigations, including for alleged price-fixing, monopolization, price discrimination and other restraints of trade, and in class actions. Additionally, he maintains a sports law practice and has advised numerous sports leagues and teams, including the NBA, NFL, NHL, PGA, AFL and NCAA. Finally, Mr. Lent advises numerous clients on general antitrust and competition matters and compliance with antitrust statutes, including issues relating to the implementation of proposed business plans, competitor collaborations, and unilateral conduct.
- AM General LLC, a global leader in ground vehicle systems, in its sale to KPS Capital Partners.
- HarperCollins Publishers in multiple transactions.
- General Electric in the $1.05 Billion sale of its value-based care (VBC) division to Veritas Capital.
- Komatsu Ltd. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of high-productivity mining equipment company, Joy Global.
- Ingersoll-Rand plc in its acquisition of GPSI Holdings, a leading provider of telematics solutions, from Falconhead Capital.
- General Electric in its $85 million sale of the GE Dharmacon business to Horizon Discovery.
- Global Tel Link in its acquisition of Telmate.
- DTCC in multiple transactions.
- Pfizer in a worldwide licensing agreement with OPKO Health Inc., granting Pfizer exclusive rights to develop and commercialize OPKO's long-acting human growth hormone (hGH-CTP).
- Aduro BioTech in a $750 million collaboration with Novartis for the worldwide research, development and commercialization of novel immuno-oncology products.
- Aduro BioTech in an exclusive worldwide license for its LADD immunotherapy platform for use by used by Johnson & Johnson's Janssen Biotech unit.
- Emanuel Medical Center in its $131 million sale to Tenet Healthcare.
- KOSÉ Corporation in its $135 million acquisition of Tarte Cosmetics.
- PMI in its sale of CMG Mortgage Insurance Company (CMG MI) and the mortgage insurance operating platform of PMI Mortgage Insurance Co. (PMI) to Capital Group Ltd. Subsidiary, Arch.
- Portico in its merger with luxury rental company, Inspirato.
- CPA Global, a leading specialist in intellectual property (IP) software and services, in the acquisition of international patent services provider, Landon IP.
- AT&T Inc. in obtaining DOJ and FCC approval in multiple transactions.
"Next Generation Lawyer" – Sports (2017-2019)
Antitrust: Merger Control (2018)
Antitrust: Civil Litigation & Class Actions (2016)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1999
- BS, Psychology and History, Union College, 1994
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Member, Executive Committee, NYSBA Antitrust Section
Member, Federal Civil Enforcement, Health Care & Pharmaceuticals, Joint Conduct, Media & Technology, Mergers & Acquisitions, Trade, Sports & Professional Associations, and Unilateral Conduct Legal and Industry Committees, American Bar Association
Member, NYU School of Law, Law Alumni Association Board of Trustees
Member, Lawyers Alliance of New York, Board of Directors