Elizabeth (Betsy) Long is a respected patent law practitioner with both private- and public sector experience and extensive appellate law capabilities. She represents clients in all aspects of patent litigation across a variety of matters involving pharmaceuticals, automotive technology and computer software, and also is experienced in product liability defense litigation for the pharmaceutical sector. In addition to her extensive private practice service at several major law firms, Ms. Long has a significant tenure in federal government service at both the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
Ms. Long was a technical assistant at the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit where, among other things, she drafted orders resolving petitions for writ of mandamus, motions for stays of injunctions, motions to dismiss appeals, and jurisdictional issues. She was also an appellate attorney at the US Department of Veterans Affairs, where she represented the Secretary of Veterans Affairs before the US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in appeals related to veterans' benefits.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School
- BS, Chemical Engineering, University of Rochester
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas