In this issue:
- Q&A with Arnold & Porter PTAB Practitioner Aaron Bowling
- Q&A with Arnold & Porter PTAB Practitioner Victoria Reines
- Recent MPEP Updates
- Recent Director Review Decisions
- IPR Involving Fintiv Analysis and Compelling Merits: CommScope Techs. LLC v. Dali Wireless, Inc., IPR2022-01242
- IPR Involving Fintiv Analysis Where Co-pending Proceeding Invalidated the Underlying Patent Under § 101: AviaGames, Inc. v. Skillz Platform, Inc., IPR2022- 00530
- IPR Involving Multiple Dependent Claiming: Nested Bean, Inc. v. Big Beings Pty. Ltd., IPR2020-01234
- PGR Involving Enablement: Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc. v. Kansas State University Research Foundation, PGR2022-00021
- Federal Circuit Precedential Decision: Sets Bar for ‘Motivation-to-Combine’ Challenges — Motivation To Combine Only Requires Showing That the Prior Art Addressed the Issue, Not That It Improved on the Issue
- Events and Speaking Engagements
- Highlights From Recent 2023 PTAB Bar Association Annual Conference (held March 8-10, 2023)
- Upcoming Events and Speaking Engagements
* Drew Needham contributed to this newsletter. Mr. Needham is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law and is employed at Arnold & Porter's Washington, DC office. Mr. Needham is admitted only in Maryland. He is not admitted to the practice of law in the District of Columbia.
© Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP 2023 All Rights Reserved. This newsletter is intended to be a general summary of the law and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with counsel to determine applicable legal requirements in a specific fact situation.