Duane Mauney has extensive experience in the analysis, assessment, and communication of complex scientific issues within the litigation, regulatory, and compliance contexts. He represents consumer products clients in state and federal courts across the country in a wide array of actions, including mass product liability and consumer fraud litigation, and also helps them identify, develop, and execute strategic solutions to regulatory and policy challenges.
- Major tobacco products manufacturer in discovery and class certification proceedings involving alleged consumer fraud in state courts in Missouri, Massachusetts, California, New Hampshire, Arkansas, and Delaware.
- Major tobacco products manufacturer in discovery and class certification proceedings involving alleged consumer fraud in federal court in Ohio and Multi-District Litigation in Maine.
- Major tobacco products manufacturer in pretrial discovery, trial preparation, and trial of certified class actions alleging consumer fraud in Missouri and California.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1996, with high honors
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992, with highest honors
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina