Kirby Mayo focuses his practice on white collar investigations and criminal defense, representing corporate and individual clients in investigations before the U.S. Department of Justice and Congress. He also has experience representing clients in all phases of complex civil litigation, including discovery, motions practice, trial, and on appeal.
Mr. Mayo rejoined the firm after clerking for the Honorable Tanya S. Chutkan on the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. He graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center where he served as the senior articles editor of the American Criminal Law Review and defended juveniles charged with felonies and misdemeanors in D.C. Superior Court. Prior to law school, he worked as a Legislative Aide in the United States Senate.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2019, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Government, Georgetown University, 2012
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, The Honorable Tanya S. Chutkan