Aaron Miner is a member of the Firm’s Securities Enforcement and Litigation practice group, representing public and private companies, directors and officers, and major stockholders in securities and stockholder litigation and class actions. Mr. Miner has led trial and appellate teams in state and federal courts across the country and has coordinated complex internal investigations on behalf of companies, boards, and special committees in connection with stockholder demands, DOJ, SEC, and other regulatory and law enforcement investigations. Mr. Miner has substantial experience litigating securities and stockholder actions across numerous industries, including life sciences, financial services, aerospace, manufacturing, shipping, staffing, and entertainment.
- IT Staffing company and its board of directors in parallel securities litigation, shareholder derivative action, shareholder breach of fiduciary duty class action, and books and records demands arising from proxy contest in New York State Supreme Court, SDNY, and Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Aerospace company and its directors and officers in securities class action in D. Kan., shareholder derivative action in D. Del., and parallel SEC investigation arising out of alleged accounting fraud, securing complete dismissal of litigation claims, which was affirmed by the 10th Circuit.
- Drybulk shipping company and its former directors in breach of fiduciary duty litigation arising from a controlling stockholder merger, defeating a preliminary injunction motion and securing complete dismissal.
- Board members of a leading media and entertainment company in parallel federal securities class action and state common law fraud and negligent misrepresentation litigation related to a proposed going-private transaction.
- The special committee of the board of a global financial services company in responding to and investigating a pre-suit stockholder litigation demand.
- The special committee of the board of an international petroleum refining and trading company in shareholder litigation related to a proposed M&A transaction.
- International educational organization and its current and former executives in securities class action arising from federal agency investigations and proceedings concerning advertising and marketing of student post-graduate performance, securing complete dismissal.
- Canadian electronics manufacturer and its former CEO and CFO in securities class action arising out of alleged accounting fraud.
- Private equity firms in M&A purchase price adjustment and earn-out payment litigation and dispute resolution.
- Investment banks and private equity firms in M&A and shareholder litigation.
Financial Services Litigation (2022)
- J.D., New York Law School, magna cum laude
- B.A., University of Rochester
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, The Honorable Frederick J. Scullin, Jr.
- Board Member, New Leadership Program, Legal Aid Society