Aaron Miner focuses on civil and regulatory litigation concerning securities and financial transactions. Mr. Miner has substantial experience representing global financial services firms, funds, corporations, and individuals in connection with securities, shareholder, and commercial litigation and white collar investigations.
- Broker-dealers, asset management firms, public companies, and individuals in investigations conducted by the DOJ, SEC, CFTC, SIGTARP, FINRA, and state prosecutors and regulators arising out of alleged insider trading, market manipulation, accounting fraud, valuation issues, and false or misleading disclosures.
- Aerospace company and its directors and officers in securities class action, shareholder derivative action, and parallel SEC investigation arising out of alleged accounting fraud, securing complete dismissal of litigation claims.
- Drybulk shipping company and its former directors in breach of fiduciary duty litigation arising from a controlling stockholder merger, defeating a preliminary injunction motion and securing complete dismissal.
- The special committee of the board an international petroleum refining and trading company in shareholder litigation related to a proposed M&A transaction.
- Board members of a leading media and entertainment company in parallel federal securities class action and state common law fraud and negligent misrepresentation litigation related to a proposed going-private transaction.
- International educational organization and its current and former executives in securities class action arising from federal agency investigations and proceedings concerning advertising and marketing of student post-graduate performance, securing complete dismissal.
- Canadian electronics manufacturer and its former CEO and CFO in securities class action arising out of alleged accounting fraud.
- Private equity firms in M&A purchase price adjustment and earn-out payment litigation and dispute resolution.
- JD, New York Law School, magna cum laude
- BA, University of Rochester
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of New York, The Honorable Frederick J. Scullin, Jr.
- Board Member, New Leadership Program, Legal Aid Society