Benjamin Mintz has practiced in the restructuring and bankruptcy area for more than 25 years. He has extensive transactional and litigation experience and has played active roles in many high-profile restructuring matters. Mr. Mintz's broad-based transaction experience includes negotiating and drafting complex asset purchase agreements, loan agreements, investment agreements, subordination and intercreditor agreements, factoring agreements, and reorganization plans. He has also been actively involved in litigation matters throughout the country, including bankruptcy courts, federal district courts, state courts, and appellate courts. Mr. Mintz has substantial experience in cross-border matters including sovereign representations.
Mr. Mintz's clients include ad hoc lender groups, lenders, hedge funds, asset managers, administrative agents, indenture trustees and other senior secured investors, as well as debtors, creditor committees, litigation/liquidation trustees, fiduciaries, equity holders, sovereigns, and other individual creditors. Mr. Mintz has experience in a variety of industries, including real estate, energy, airlines, healthcare, travel, retail, financial, gaming, manufacturing, entertainment, telecommunications, and apparel. Mr. Mintz also has extensive experience in distressed M&A, having represented both buyers and sellers in complex distressed acquisition transactions involving operating assets, financial assets and real estate.
- Kyrgyz Republic in connection with Chapter 11 case of Kumtor Gold.
- LoanCore Capital as secured lender in connection with various real-estate Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Largest investors and creditors in the Zetta Jet bankruptcy case in the Central District of California.
- AT&T in connection with its fire victim claim against PG&E Corporation in Northern District of California bankruptcy case.
- Tiffany & Company in the Southern District of New York bankruptcy case of Republic Metals and in related litigation regarding the disputed ownership of refined metals.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1995, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 1992-1995
- BA, Cornell University, 1992
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit