Benjamin Mintz has practiced in the restructuring and bankruptcy area for more than 25 years. He has extensive transactional and litigation experience and has played active roles in many high-profile restructuring matters. Mr. Mintz's transaction experience is broad-based and includes the negotiating and drafting of complex asset purchase agreements, loan agreements, investment agreements, subordination and intercreditor agreements, factoring agreements, and reorganization plans. He has also been actively involved in litigation matters throughout the country, including bankruptcy courts, federal district courts, state courts, and appellate courts.
Mr. Mintz's clients include ad hoc lender groups, lenders, hedge funds, asset managers, administrative agents, indenture trustees and other senior secured investors as well as debtors, creditor committees, litigation/liquidation trustees, fiduciaries, equity holders, sovereigns, and other individual creditors. Mr. Mintz has experience in a variety of industries including health care, real estate, energy, airlines, travel, retail, financial, gaming, manufacturing, entertainment, telecommunications, and apparel. Mr. Mintz also has extensive experience in distressed M&A, having represented both buyers and sellers in complex distressed acquisition transactions, involving operating assets, financial assets and real estate.
- Republic of Colombia in the Southern District of New York bankruptcy case of Avianca Airlines.
- DZ Bank, in connection with its receivables purchase facility, with respect to Pyxus International Inc., one of the world's largest tobacco suppliers, Chapter 11 prepackaged bankruptcy case.
- Equity Security Holders in the Southern District of New York bankruptcy of Lakeland Tours, LLC (WorldStrides Travel).
- Wilmington Trust, National Association, as second lien agent, with respect to the CCAA proceeding in Quebec and ancillary U.S. chapter 15 case in the District of Delaware of Cirque du Soleil, a Montreal-based entertainment company and the largest contemporary circus producer in the world.
- GLAS USA LLC, as term loan agent to Chesapeake Energy Corporation, one of the largest energy and exploration companies in its Chapter 11 case in the Northern District of Texas.
- Steering committee of first-lien noteholders to Techniplas LLC, a leading automotive component manufacturer, in connection with the company's Chapter 11 filing and ultimate successful sale of core assets for $110 million to the group.
- Ad hoc group of term lenders to Libbey Inc., one of the world's largest table glass and stemware manufacturers, which filed Chapter 11 in the District of Delaware.
- AT&T, in connection with its substantial fire victim claim, with respect to the Northern District of California bankruptcy case of PG&E Corporation, one of the largest combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United States.
- Tiffany & Company in the Southern District of New York bankruptcy case of Republic Metals and in related litigation regarding the disputed ownership of refined metals.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1995, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 1992-1995
- BA, Cornell University, 1992
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit