Lazarinka Naydenova's practice focuses on all aspects of European (EU) competition law, with particular emphasis on merger control proceeding, abuse of dominance, cartel matters, and state aid.
Ms. Naydenova joined the firm's Brussels team in 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Naydenova worked in another leading international competition law firm in Brussels. She has worked as an in-house lawyer at the Bulgarian Ministry of Finance and has also undertaken a traineeship at the European Commission's Directorate General for Competition.
- Monsanto Company in obtaining antitrust clearances outside North America in the proposed acquisition by Bayer (ongoing).
- Represented General Electric before the US Department of Justice and European Commission in its transaction combining GE Oil & Gas with Baker Hughes to create a new publicly traded company with $23 billion in combined revenue owned 62.5% by GE. After a "second request" in the United States, the transaction closed after GE agreed to a consent decree requiring only the divestiture of a business that GE had announced its intention to sell at the same time it announced the Baker Hughes transaction. The European Commission cleared the transaction without remedies.
- LLM, Intermational Economic Law, Maastrict University, 2014, cum laude
- Master of Laws, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, 2011, with Honors
- Brussels, Belgium
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Legal Advisor, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Bulgaria