Lazarinka Naydenova's practice focuses on all aspects of European (EU) competition law, with particular emphasis on merger control proceeding, abuse of dominance, cartel matters, and state aid.
Ms. Naydenova joined the firm's Brussels team in 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Naydenova worked in another leading international competition law firm in Brussels. She has worked as an in-house lawyer at the Bulgarian Ministry of Finance and has also undertaken a traineeship at the European Commission's Directorate General for Competition. Ms. Naydenova worked the ex-US processes for Monsanto in its $66 billion acquisition by Bayer, a transaction that won the 2019 GCR Awards for "Global Antitrust Matter of the Year" and "Merger Control Matter of the Year - Europe" and for Fitbit in its acquisition by Google which won the 2021 edition of the same award.
- Fitbit Inc. on its $2.1 billion sale to Google.
- Pfizer in relation to the spin-off and combination with Mylan NV of Upjohn, Pfizer's established medicines division.
- Pfizer in relation to its joint venture with GSK to combine the two companies' consumer healthcare businesses worldwide, securing merger control clearances outside the US.
- Boston Scientific in relation to its $4.2 billion acquisition of BTG plc., before competition authorities worldwide.
- Monsanto Company in connection with its $66 billion acquisition by Bayer. One of the lead associates assisting with antitrust clearances outside North America. This complex case spanned over 20 months and involved more than 2,000 product markets reviewed by the European Commission following an in-depth review and extensive commitments. The transaction was reviewed and approved by the DOJ and almost 30 other antitrust enforcers worldwide.
- General Electric in its transaction combining GE Oil & Gas with Baker Hughes to create a new publicly traded company owned 62.5% by GE with $23 billion in combined revenue. Co-lead associate for the EU filing that ended with an unconditional clearance.
- AT&T in international merger filings regarding its $1.6 billion acquisition of the online advertising platform AppNexus.
- LLM, Intermational Economic Law, Maastricht University, 2014, cum laude
- Master of Laws, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, 2011, with Honors
- Brussels, Belgium
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Legal Advisor, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Bulgaria