Jessica Nemeth advises clients on all aspects of European competition and antitrust laws, including cartels, abuse-of-dominance and merger filing proceedings. Her experience covers several industry sectors, including chemicals, semiconductors, energy, aviation, and aluminum.
Prior to joining the firm, Jessica worked at a leading U.S. law firm in Brussels. She also worked as in-house counsel at a Dutch multinational in the Amsterdam headquarters, where she focused on designing, implementing and monitoring the antitrust and anti-bribery compliance program. She won the 2021 Ruben Perea Competition Law Writing Award organized by the renowned publication Journal of European Competition Law and Practice (JECLAP).
- Aluminum multinational company in securing a phase II merger control clearance from the European Commission.*
- Airline company in a phase II merger control clearance pending before the European Commission.*
- Semiconductor company in connection with a cartel investigation conducted by the Brazilian Antitrust Authority.*
- Commodities company in securing a merger control clearance from the Brazilian Antitrust Authority in connection with the acquisition of its oilseed crushing plants.*
*Reflects experience at previous employer.
- LL.M., International Technology Law, Vrije Universiteit, 2021
- LL.M., Law & Economics, University of Utrecht, 2020
- LL.B., Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo School of Law, 2018
- Brussels, Belgium (E-list)
- Lisbon, Portugal
- São Paulo, Brazil