Evelina Norwinski's practice focuses on litigation, white collar defense and compliance issues. She has conducted internal investigations for domestic and multi-national companies in industries such as consumer products, pharmaceutical, government contractors, financial services, and agricultural products. She also regularly counsels clients on corporate compliance programs, regulatory compliance, legislation, and ethics. Her matters include a range of criminal and civil matters in federal and state courts, and in administrative proceedings. She has particular experience assisting clients in developing and implementing strategies to address product distribution issues, including laws governing novel products such as in the cannabis industry, strategies to address counterfeit or contraband products, collaborative engagement with law enforcement agencies, litigation strategies, and longer-term legislative strategies. Ms. Norwinski also maintains an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in criminal matters in federal courts.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Norwinski served as an Assistant Federal Public Defender in Washington, DC where she briefed and argued more than 20 federal criminal appeals in the US Courts of Appeal and lectured on criminal law issues. She also served as an adjunct professor in legal research and writing at the George Washington University School of Law. Ms. Norwinski clerked for the Honorable Donald S. Russell of the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Managed internal investigations focusing on a range of issues, including tax, fraud, anti-corruption, money laundering, and product distribution.
- Represented clients in domestic and international criminal matters, including addressing extradition, MLAT requests, Interpol notices, treaty obligations, and diplomatic engagement.
- Managed cases in nationwide product liability litigation in federal and state courts.
- Advised multinational companies on compliance program structure and compliance issues, including implementation of anti-corruption compliance program.
- Developed and implemented multi-faceted brand protection strategies for consumer products and pharmaceutical companies, to address diverted, counterfeit, and grey market products.
- Drafted federal and state legislation, and advocacy papers, to address regulatory and enforcement issues related to contraband products.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 1991
- BA, University of Virginia, 1988
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Assistant Federal Public Defender, Office of the Federal Public Defender, District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, The Honorable Donald S. Russell