Tyler Nurnberg is a partner in Arnold & Porter’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Group. He focuses his practice on representing borrowers, lenders, and other clients in out-of-court restructurings and Chapter 11 cases. He routinely represents purchasers of and investors in troubled companies. He advises equity sponsors, boards, special committees and directors in distressed situations. He also represents clients in a broad range of commercial litigation matters.
Mr. Nurnberg has played a leading role in complex restructurings in the retail, energy, oil & gas, food & beverage, media, automotive, manufacturing, apparel, healthcare, construction and real estate industries, including as lead counsel to Borden Dairy in its recently-concluded Chapter 11 cases (D Del).
Mr. Nurnberg has been recognized in Chambers USA every year since 2013, where he was described as someone who “cuts to the chase, sees the big picture and can get a lot of different parties with competing interests on the same page. He’s very good at building consensus and seeing through all of the noise and dust to find the common ground.”
Mr. Nurnberg manages Arnold & Porter’s Chicago office and serves on the Policy and Compensation Committees. He is licensed in both Illinois and New York.
- BP Global Products, in Limetree Bay Refinery’s Chapter 11 case (SD Tex) (pending) and related putative class action litigation (D USVI).
- Secured noteholders of Bronx Parking, which operates the main parking garages serving Yankee Stadium, in complex restructuring (pending).
- Ad hoc group of B2/B3 lenders in Toys "R" Us Chapter 11 case (ED Va).
- Agent for term lenders in Noranda Aluminum Chapter 11 case (ED Mo).
- Agent and ad hoc group of lenders to Transtar, the largest US distributor of auto transmission parts, which was restructured under Chapter 11 (SDNY).
- BP Global Products, in McDermott International’s Chapter 11 case (SD Tex).
- Ad hoc group of lenders to Autoparts, a manufacturer of automotive parts, in connection with the contested restructuring of bankrupt affiliate UCI (D Del).
- Agent for lenders to NYDJ in litigation and out-of-court restructuring (NY).
- Agent for DIP lenders to Gibson Guitars in Chapter 11 case (D Del).
- Agent to term lenders to Southcross Energy in Chapter 11 case (SD Tex).
- Agent for DIP lenders to Tops Markets in Chapter 11 case (SDNY).
- Agent for DIP lenders to Orexigen in Chapter 11 case (D Del).
- Secured lenders in out-of-court restructuring and fraud litigation relating to three luxury multi-family development projects in Santa Monica (CA).
- Agent for lenders in secured party sale of 560-condo development in Washington, DC. "Prepackaged" plan confirmed in 60 days (D Del).
- Agent for term lenders to Relativity Media in its Chapter 11 case (SDNY).
- Lenders in sale of two commercial buildings in Manhattan for $180 million. Contested sale "prepackaged" plan confirmed in 75 days (D Del).
- Largest lender to Capmark, an originator and servicer of commercial real estate loans, in Chapter 11 (D Del) case–lenders owed $5.5 billion.
- JD, Northwestern University, 1994
- BS, Finance, University of Illinois, 1991, high honors
- New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, N.D. Illinois