Chris Odell is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on complex litigation in the energy, healthcare, and aviation industries. Mr. Odell has tried cases to verdict in federal court, state court, and before arbitration panels, and also has successfully represented clients in appeals and internal investigations of alleged corporate misconduct. He has extensive experience prosecuting and defending claims of trade secret misappropriation in the energy and healthcare fields.
Mr. Odell graduated magna cum laude from Tulane University Law School where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and Order of Barristers. Before attending law school, he served as Deputy Press Secretary for the New York City Campaign Finance Board.
- European airframe manufacturer in multidistrict litigation arising out of an accident over the mid-Atlantic Ocean. All claims dismissed with prejudice on forum non conveniens grounds, and dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- European airframe manufacturer in multiple lawsuits arising out of an accident in São Paulo, Brazil. All claims dismissed with prejudice on forum non conveniens grounds. Also participated in defense of related claims brought in foreign courts.
- Helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) company against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, and trademark infringement. Case settled on favorable terms following the district court’s decision denying plaintiff's motion for preliminary injunction.
- Major international cruise line in litigation arising from well-publicized Italian cruise ship accident.
- European airframe manufacturer in federal court litigation arising from an airplane accident in Tripoli, Libya.
- European airframe manufacturer in lawsuits arising from airplane accidents in Mexico, Sudan, Libya, Pakistan, Indonesia, Canada, and Australia.
Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Aerospace/Aviation (2011, 2013-2015)
- JD, Tulane University Law School, 2002, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Order of Barristers
- MA, New York University, 1996
- BA, Rice University, 1993
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
Board Member, Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
Member, Texas Bar Foundation