Kathryn Olson represents clients in connection with a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including hotel transactions and real property acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
Ms. Olson devotes much of her practice to hospitality transactions for hospitality clients in jurisdictions around the United States. She has handled transactions worth several billion dollars including acquisitions and dispositions, restructurings, financings, and management arrangements.
Ms. Olson also regularly advises clients in connection with other classes of real estate, from office properties to complex mixed-use assets to development land sales.
- Public Hotel Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) in acquisitions of major hotel properties including properties in San Francisco, California; Bonita Springs, Florida; Scottsdale, Arizona; Maui, Hawaii; Chicago, Illinois; Washington, DC; and Rio di Janeiro. Dispositions of hotel properties in numerous jurisdictions around the United States. Financing and refinancing of various US hotel properties.
- Public REIT in acquisitions of hotels in Florida.
- Investor and lender in the financing and disposition of a boutique luxury hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Public REIT in an acquisition of a hotel in Arlington, Virginia.
- Private international hotel fund in the acquisition, financing and refinancing of a hotel property near Baltimore Washington International Airport in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Owner/Developer of a mixed-use hotel property in Texas in negotiating a management agreement and related agreements.
- Boutique hotel management company in negotiating a hotel management agreement and related agreements in connection with the renovation and conversion of a historic Miami, Florida hotel into a condominium hotel structure.
- Real estate investment fund in the restructuring of a major Las Vegas hotel and casino.
- Real estate investment and asset management company in debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, 1994
- MPP, University of California, Berkeley, 1993
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1988
- District of Columbia