Matt Owens advises clients on all aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. Mr. Owens has particular experience in healthcare transactions, and he also frequently represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies. Mr. Owens also counsels publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as boards of directors, on various corporate and commercial matters, including corporate governance, compliance and risk management matters.
Mr. Owens' clients operate in various industries, but he has particular experience in the healthcare, government contracting and technology services industries. In the healthcare industry he has represented various clients in acquisitions and dispositions of, investments in, and joint ventures with respect to, physician practices, diagnostic imaging providers, surgery centers, medical groups and various other healthcare entities. Mr. Owens has closed over twenty transactions in the physician practice management space, where he is routinely sought out by clients. In the government contracting and technology services industries, Mr. Owens has completed numerous acquisitions and dispositions for both private equity funds and strategic buyers.
Mr. Owens serves as ongoing corporate counsel for multiple pro bono clients of the firm, advising on various corporate governance and commercial issues.
Mr. Owens is a 2001 graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a member of the Georgetown Law Journal.
- Physician practices (including the Retina Group of Washington, Carolina Eyecare Physicians, Retina Consultants of Houston, VitreoRetinal Surgery, Minnesota Eye Consultants, Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, a Maryland dermatology practice, Pacific Eye Institute, The Eye Associates of Manatee, Inland Eye Specialists, Delaware Eye Care Center and multiple other physician practices) in sale transactions and entry into practice management arrangements with portfolio companies of private equity buyers.
- Private Equity sponsor in its acquisition of physician practices and ambulatory surgical centers, and related corporate and regulatory counseling.
- Regional management company in the formation of joint ventures with physician practices.
- University medical system in the formation of a joint venture with a regional management company.
- CML Healthcare (Canada) in its acquisition of diagnostic imaging facilities in the Northeast United States.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2001, cum laude
- BSM, Marketing and Finance, Tulane University, 1998, summa cum laude
- New York
- District of Columbia