Daniel Pariser has substantial experience in mass tort, class action, and product liability litigation in federal and state courts at both the trial court and appellate levels. He has a specific focus on representing health care industry clients in complex products liability matters and related litigation. Mr. Pariser also represents health care industry clients in antitrust and commercial litigation and internal investigations. He frequently manages teams of lawyers in large litigations spanning multiple jurisdictions. In addition, Mr. Pariser represents clients in a variety of complex litigation outside of the health care sector, including in product liability, antitrust litigation and white collar defense matters.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi as national counsel in product liability litigation concerning Plavix®.
- Sanofi as national counsel in product liability litigation concerning thalidomide.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in appeal affirming dismissal with prejudice of wrongful death claim under Twombly/Iqbal. Rollins v. Wackenhut Services, Inc., et al. 703 F.3d 122 (DC Cir. 2012).
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi on successful motion to dismiss claim by third-party payor seeking reimbursement of prescription drug costs. Employer Teamsters-Local Nos. 175/505 Health and Welfare Trust Fund v.Bristol-Myers Squibb Company et al., 969 F. Supp.2d 463 (S.D.W.Va 2013).
- GlaxoSmithKline in antitrust litigation alleging that company filed "sham" patent litigation.
- GlaxoSmithKline in case alleging antitrust violations and breach of contract arising from licensing agreement.
- Hologic in medical device product liability cases and counseling.
- Pharmaceutical company in state attorney general consumer protection litigation.
- Pharmaceutical company in multidistrict litigation involving tens of thousands of suits. Managed discovery proceedings nationwide.
- Senior executive of FORTUNE 500 company in criminal investigation.
Seller Beware: Consumer Protection Insights for Industry
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1998, magna cum laude
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1994, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Sustaining Member, Product Liability Advisory Council (“PLAC”)
- Member, DRI