Anthony Raglani counsels clients on a variety of financial regulatory matters. In particular, Mr. Raglani represents bank and nonbank financial institutions on matters before federal and state banking agencies and financial regulators, including the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the New York Department of Financial Services, and other state banking and financial services regulatory agencies.
Mr. Raglani regularly assists clients with their compliance efforts in a wide range of areas, including consumer financial protection laws and regulations, mortgage lending and servicing, fair lending, regulatory capital, debt collection, credit reporting, Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering laws and regulations, and licensing and corporate structuring.
Mr. Raglani also advises financial institutions and commercial firms on data security and privacy matters, including issues arising under state data security and breach notification laws, Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Raglani worked for a trade association based in Washington, DC, where he was responsible for federal legislative relations and policy analysis on financial services and insurance matters.
- Large state nonmember bank in a BSA/AML investigation.
- Mortgage servicer, before the CFPB, in settling an allegation of violations of the CFPB's mortgage servicing regulations.
- Large asset manager in advocating for amendments to SEC regulations governing money market mutual funds (MMFs) and modifications to NAIC standards regarding insurers' treatment of MMFs for accounting purposes.
- Payment processor, before state banking agencies, in settling allegations of violations of state money transmission laws.
- Large nonbank financial institution, before the DOJ, SEC and FDIC, in an investigation of alleged violations of securities laws.
- Midsize state nonmember bank, before the FDIC and New York Department of Financial Services, in a BSA/AML investigation.
- Large insurance brokerage and consulting company regarding insurance regulatory matters related to the acquisition of an insurance and employee benefits brokerage agency.
- Large business operations services company regarding insurance regulatory matters related to a potential acquisition of a multichannel insurance brokerage firm.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2014
- BBA, The George Washington University, 2008
- District of Columbia
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee
- Member, Bankers' Association for Finance and Trade