Oscar Ramallo represents clients in general business litigation, with a focus on trademark and copyright litigation. He also routinely advises companies in numerous aspects of online marketing and advertising. Mr. Ramallo has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, from managing and conducting discovery to preparing briefings and arguments before the Court. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Ramallo served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary M. Schroeder, Chief Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Mr. Ramallo received his law degree from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, where he was an Articles Editor for the UCLA Law Review.
- Owner of freecreditreport.com trademark in cybersquatting and trademark infringement case. Obtained complete defense verdict on counterclaims for fraud on the Patent and Trademark Office and antitrust violations. Obtained seven-figure jury verdict after five-week trial. ConsumerInfo.com Inc. v. Chang, et al. (C.D. Cal. 2011).
- ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. v. Money Management International Inc., 2008 WL 4183929 (C.D. Cal. 2008). Obtained summary judgment and seven figure attorney fee award in district court in trademark infringement case.
- Creditors Adjustment Bureau Inc. v. XtraPlus Corp. (L.A. Superior Court 2009). Drafted demurrer that resulted in an early and favorable settlement for client in a case alleging "click fraud" in online advertising.
- Shareholder of a film company to obtain writ of mandate for compelling inspection of corporate records.
- Trustee of the Death Row Records estate in numerous bankruptcy adversary proceedings. In re Death Row Records Inc. (Bank. C.D. Cal.).
- Pro bono client to obtain a favorable settlement for a that released her from an onerous music publishing contract.
- Alliance of Children's Rights in developing a novel legal argument which was used successfully in multiple cases to obtain foster care benefits in case types which previously had been routinely rejected.
"Rising Star" (2008-2020)
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2005, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Political Science, University of Southern California, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, The Honorable Mary M. Schroeder