Daniel Raymond represents companies facing complex data, privacy and cybersecurity issues in litigation, regulatory and counseling matters. Mr. Raymond has particular experience defending data breach class actions, state and federal government investigations, and advising clients on cybersecurity and privacy compliance issues and insurance product offerings. His experience spans the range of federal and state privacy laws, including HIPAA, the California Consumer Protection Act, Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act, as well as the statutory and common law of most states.
Mr. Raymond also has extensive experience in high-stakes commercial litigation, class actions and government investigations. Mr. Raymond’s experience includes advising clients through all phases of litigation in federal and state trial courts, appellate courts, and in proceedings before arbitral bodies.
Mr. Raymond graduated, summa cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law, where he was executive editor of the University of Illinois Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. He also served as Legal Extern for the Honorable Michael P. McCuskey, United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
- Presbyterian Healthcare in defending pending data breach class action litigation. (New Mexico).
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in defending pending data breach class action lawsuits brought under FCRA and various state laws against health insurance company involving theft of laptops containing customer information. (D.N.J., 3rd Circuit).
- Canon Business Process Services and General Electric in defending pending data breach class action litigation (S.D.N.Y.)
- B.A., Political Science and highest distinction in History, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Robert W. Johannsen Undergraduate History Scholar, Gilder Lehrman History Honors Scholar
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2013, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Rickert Award Winner for Excellence in Academic Achievement, Harno Scholar, executive editor of the University of Illinois Law Review
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit