Elliot Rosenwald’s litigation practice includes government enforcement and white-collar defense matters, complex civil litigation, and internal investigations. In particular, Elliot's experience includes matters arising under the False Claims Act (FCA) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) enforcement. He also performs litigation-related due diligence in advance of potential transactions. Elliot is strongly committed to the firm’s pro bono mission, and particularly to the firm’s program providing pro bono representation to individuals facing criminal prosecution in D.C. Superior Court.
During law school, Elliot was editor-in-chief of the Washington University Journal of Law and Policy. He was also an extern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Illinois and a student attorney with Washington University’s First Amendment Clinic. Before law school, Elliot worked in healthcare; he is proud of his ongoing service as a volunteer paramedic in the D.C. area.
- Pharmaceutical company in False Claims Act litigation arising from alleged price misreporting.
- Former executive in government enforcement investigation and related civil ligation arising from a SPAC transaction.
- Pharmaceutical company in internal investigation relating to its promotional practices.
- Closely held corporation in internal investigation regarding executive’s misuse of company funds.
- Major insurer in multiple significant directors-and-officers insurance coverage matters arising from large transactions.
- Individual in challenge to criminal conviction after court previously failed to consider evidence of ineffective assistance of trial counsel.
- J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2020, cum laude
- B.A., Economics, The George Washington University
- District of Columbia