Jason Ross focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and has extensive experience in mass tort, product liability, personal injury, consumer fraud and breach of contract actions in state and federal courts. Mr. Ross has also counseled clients regarding litigation risk management issues and consumer product safety issues in matters before the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Mr. Ross represents clients in all stages of litigation from the inception of a case through trial. He handles all aspects of pretrial work, including case investigation, assessment and management, discovery strategy, development of fact and expert witnesses and preparation of cases for trial. He regularly takes and defends fact and expert witness depositions, routinely appears on behalf of clients in pretrial proceedings, argues important motions and formulates case-specific strategy.
Mr. Ross also has valuable trial experience. He has been an active member of several trial teams where he has played an integral role developing case themes and strategy and preparing for all aspects of trial presentation.
- Consumer products manufacturer in multiple class actions alleging consumer fraud and deceptive trade practices.
- Consumer products manufacturer in numerous individual actions alleging personal injury claims.
- Pharmaceutical companies in defending complex pharmaceutical products liability litigation.
- Government contractor in a case involving a claim by the US Department of State to recover more than $60 million in fees.
- National bank in lawsuit alleging fraud and violations of Florida securities laws.
- Fortune 500 retailer in CPSC investigation alleging retailer imported and sold children's toys that contained levels of lead paint in excess of allowable federal limits.
- Consumer product importer and retailer in CPSC investigation alleging that retailer failed to immediately report a safety defect involving a toy.
- Distributor in CPSC investigation alleging that the distributor failed to immediately report a safety defect involving alpine skis.
- Manufacturer in CPSC investigation alleging that the manufacturer failed to immediately report a safety defect involving lawn mowers.
- JD, Washington University School of Law, 2008, cum laude
- BS, Northwestern University, 2005
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida