Peter Saban's practice focuses on the representation of sovereign States, corporate clients and individuals in investor-State arbitrations and international commercial arbitrations as well as litigation.
Mr. Saban joined the firm as a trainee and has worked on IP disputes, commercial contracts and UK and EU competition law matters, including experience of high-value commercial litigation in the English High Court, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Saban worked in the London office of a leading global law firm in the capital markets, corporate and financial restructuring teams.
Mr. Saban maintains an active pro bono practice and regularly advises on a wide range of legal and strategic matters as well as representing clients in matters of public international law and human rights.
Mr. Saban is fluent in Spanish and has working knowledge of French, Italian and Catalan.
The Republic of Peru in:
- Latam Hydro LLC and CH Mamacocha S.R.L. v. Republic of Peru (ICSID Case No. ARB/19/28).
- Lupaka Gold Corp. v. Republic of Peru (ICSID Case No. ARB/20/46).
- Kaloti Metals & Logistics, LLC v. Republic of Peru (ICSID Case No. ARB/21/29).
- Odebrecht Latinvest S.à.r.l. v. Republic of Peru (ICSID Case No. ARB/20/4).
- Enagás SA and Enagás Internacional S.L.U. v. Republic of Peru (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/26).
- The Republic of Bulgaria in an Energy Charter Treaty arbitration in the electricity sector (ICSID).
- European State in an ICC arbitration relating to a concession agreement.
- LLB (Hons), Law, BPP University Law School, 2020
- Legal Practice Course, BPP University Law School, 2017
- BA (Hons), French & Spanish, King's College London, 2015
- England and Wales